“Fuerza Bruta”: The Twittercast
Last night was an official Twitter Night at Fuerza Bruta, and unlike Hugh Jackman and Patti LuPone, the producers encouraged the audience to tweet and take pictures (minus flash) throughout the entire performance. Stage Rush was there, tweeting away like a maniac and stepping on many people’s feet. It was a really unique experience to report during a show, but it was a ton of fun and, for me, brought out a completely different and new angle of theatergoing.
In case you missed it, here is my Twittercast from last night. I have not corrected any of the grammar or spelling errors, as they reflect the chaos and rapidity of the scene. (Although let’s all take special note of the most awesome typo in tweet #14: “catboat” box. Could that possibly have meant to be “cardboard?)
1. This place is like a club. And $2 coat check? No bueno. Do we have to rush the coat check??
2. Show wasn’t started yet, but it’s CREEPY in here! I feel like something’s gonna fall from the ceiling!
3. My companion, @LizzLovejoy, thinks a bomb is going to go off and that this “show” is just a distraction.
4. “I think we made a wrong turn and walke into a gay club.” – @LizzLovejoy
5. Jess: No, Fuerzabruta means “brute strength” in Spanish. Liz: Exactly.
14. I just got hit on te head with a catboat box! I wonder howuch paper I’ve swallowed by now.
15. I feel like I’m in an action movie. But, like, IN one!
16. Now we’re all under a foil tarp!
17. Now it’s a dance party! http://twitpic.com/s1fez
19. It lowered so everyone can touch it. http://twitpic.com/s1h0i
20. The entire ceiling is a water tank. http://twitpic.com/s1h1i
23. More water images again. http://twitpic.com/s1htp
26. Do you you why this was like being INSIDE an action movie?! http://twitpic.com/s1ke4
28. The talented and (very) hard working cast and crew. http://twitpic.com/s1knk
30. The end. Thanks for tuning in!