- Stage Rush takes a road trip to Pennsylvania to see the first-ever high school production of Spring Awakening
- Win tickets to see An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin
- Broadway grosses
What do you think, Rushers? Do you think Spring Awakening should be performed in more high schools? Do you think it’s an appropriate musical for high school students? How do you think the show should be adapted for a high school setting? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!
***This giveaway has concluded***
Two of Broadway’s biggest names are sharing the stage together in one fantastic concert. Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin, who both rose to stardom and won Tonys for their performances in Evita over 30 years ago have reunited for a Broadway concert event. Stage Rush is hooking up one lucky winner with a pair of tickets to see the show.
Here are the easy steps you need to take to have your chance to win these tickets:
- Enter on Facebook by writing on Stage Rush’s Facebook wall
- Enter on Twitter by retweeting a link to the An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin contest page (a retweet button is located at the top of this page) OR one of Stage Rush’s tweets about the contest (@StageRush must be mentioned somewhere within your tweet, or else we won’t receive your entry)
- Subscribe to Stage Rush’s weekly newsletter. (Previous subscribers will automatically be entered into the contest.)
You can enter this contest one time via each method. So if you enter through Facebook, Twitter, and the newsletter subscription, you will have three entries in the contest. No more than three entries per person will count. If you play through Facebook, you must be able to be contacted via private message. If you play through Twitter, I must be able to direct message (DM) you (you must be following @StageRush in order for this to happen). The winners must acknowledge their acceptance of the tickets within 24 hours of being contacted, otherwise new winners will be chosen.
The giveaway will end on Friday, December 2. I will notify the winners through email, Facebook, and/or Twitter private message. The winners must be able to attend the show during a Monday through Friday performance between December 5, 2011 through January 12, 2012 at the Barrymore Theatre. (Performances for the dates of December 26 through January 2 are not available.) The tickets are not valid for resale.
Tickets are provided by An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin.
She overthrew Ethel Merman as the top Mamma Rose and he avenged the death of his father while rescuing a princess. But before Patti LuPone was lauded in Gypsy and Mandy Patinkin won hearts in The Princess Bride, they both vaulted to fame and won Tony Awards for their performances in Evita in 1979. These two powerhouses, who are close friends and frequent collaborators, join forces for the Broadway concert event An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin that covers music from some of their best shows and some that just sound damn good coming out of their mouths.
The No. 1 Reason To See An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin: The Evita set Read more